Deborah B. Scott, Principal
B. Arch., OAA, AAA, MAIBC, NSAA, MRAIC, NCARB, AIA, RA (CA, IL, DC, MA), LEED AP
Deborah Scott is a Founding Principal of Scott Shields Architects and Founder of its successor firms. Based out of Toronto, Deborah has led the firm through its 35 year history with growth across Canada and into the US. In 2013, she founded the LA office, which has experienced extensive growth. Projects vary in scale and scope, and have received numerous prestigious awards.
A graduate of Carleton University’s Bachelor of Architecture program in 1976, she received the University Medal in Architecture for her graduating class.
Deborah worked to ensure that the firm was equally well-respected for its creative design, as it is for its highly technical and functional design work. Deborah established the firm’s policy of follow-through on all project design aspects, including urban design and interior design. She is responsible for the firm’s 30+ year commitment to sustainable development as a way of life.
Deborah’s interests span beyond architecture and interior design to include front end planning and feasibility analysis related to business and real estate development, contributing to the well-rounded success of the firm’s LA and Toronto offices.
- Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
- Ontario Association of Architects
- Architectural Institute of British Columbia
- Alberta Association of Architects – Member of Council 1982-89
- Nova Scotia Association of Architects
- American Institute of Architects
- California Architects Board – Licensed Architect
- Illinois – Licensed Architect
- District of Columbia – Licensed Architect
- Massachusetts – Licensed Architect
- Toronto Commercial Real Estate Women